Opareta seeks to democratize access to financial services for micro, small and medium-sized agent enterprises by supercharging the adoption of digital tools and services. By leveraging our mobile app, mobile money agents can increase their earnings with faster transactions, digital recordkeeping, business performance assessment, and liquidity management. Starting with Uganda, we intend to reduce the credit gap by providing working capital loans that build resilience and restore financial stability for agents and their households, and enable them to provide essential services to their communities.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. You should be someone that likes to ship. You are proud of your code but knowledgeable enough to know how to manage implementation tradeoffs. You should have a product mindset — engineers on this team are product people, too. The position is fully remote.
- Contribute ideas, code, configurations, tests, and documentation to our products according to engineering best practices at Opareta.
- Maintain productive collaboration with colleagues throughout the product development lifecycle. This will include participation in code reviews and product design discussions.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs, issues and other ad-hoc problems as they arise in daily work.
- Own your tasks, ask for help, complete work on time. Take responsibility for the code you own and improve our codebase with your work.
- Grow your skill set by proactively working and seeking help from other engineers. Aim for greatness.
- Work on a distributed team.
- Experience working with design systems and UI component libraries.
- Experience working with relational databases and PostgreSQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You should be able to take accountability and can clearly explain your work.
- Values and mission alignment. You care about access to financial services for all people. Specifically, you should be willing to learn about and care for improving the lives of mobile money agents by providing them with access to digital tools & services.
- Desire to work autonomously while demonstrating ego-free collaboration and problem-solving abilities
High empathy. You care about your teammates and our users. You can put yourself in their shoes.
If you’re interested in joining us, but don’t tick every box above, we still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and background complement one another. We’re happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
Opareta is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, orientation or religion are encouraged to apply.