Backend Software Engineer
At Opareta, we are rethinking how mobile money agent networks operate. We are building digital infrastructure and tools for analog mobile money agent networks. Our platform is designed to help mobile money agents digitize their operations, access data analytics and gain access to working capital to sustainably grow their businesses.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team and help us build the infrastructure that enables this mission. If you’re passionate about technology, have a maker’s mindset, and want to make an impact in the financial services industry, then we would love to hear from you.
- Architect and build new features
- Create backend services, features and APIs for the native client apps within the constraints of a microservices architecture
- Ensure reliability
- Monitor uptime of our software services with an eye on availability, latency, performance and capacity
- Debug issues
- Assess bugs and incidents to identify the underlying causes and ensure they do not recur
- Document the platform
- Ensure accurate and clear documentation of our platform and products
- Support the team
- Mentor junior colleagues. Collaborate across functions to ensure smooth operations and agent success
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Passion for tinkering. You are a maker. You like to ship
- 3+ years of relevant experience building, deploying and operating stable, high-performing services in Go or Python
- Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed systems and APIs.
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of microservices architecture, development and deployment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
You get to
- Join the company with lots of growth potential at the ground floor
- Work on a product that has meaningful impact on agent network operations
- Be part of a team that leads with empathy, never stops learning, and values your personal growth
If you are interested in joining our team but don’t tick every box, we still encourage you to apply. We are building a diverse team whose skills, experiences and background complement one other. We are happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
Opareta is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, orientation or religion are encouraged to apply.